Wednesday 19 October 2016

The Authority of the Believer [Final] ~ Rabqa

Today brings us to the last in the series of the authority of the
believer, I am going to end this with mostly, which have helped me, but not only that they have changed my life.


1 Thes 5:23 Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.

You say: I am a spirit, I live in a body & I have a soul. (which is the area of the mind).


Many people do not understand that we are a tri-part being: spirit, soul & body. To go over what I have said before - we are a spirit, we have a soul composed of our mind will & emotions & we live in a body.


Our new birth begins in our spirit, it is carried out through our soul, & finally visible to other people through a demonstration of God's glory in our physical lives.

Many Christians make the mistake of thinking that God only cares about the spirit, but He wants us to be whole in body & soul too.


2Cor 4:16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.

You say: Though my outward man is perishing, yet my inward man is being renewed day by day.


Do not loose heart because of faith in the future resurrection & because of the present experience of God's renewing power.

Rom 10:17 (one of my favourite verses) So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


You say: My words are life & health to me because they are God's words, my words are faith & victory.


When the word is heard faith is imparted to hear it. Once we have heard the Word & believe it we should continue believing. God invites us to live from faith to faith. As believers one of our most important jobs is simply to believe. Jesus said, "Believe & rely on Me, & you will see the glory of God". (JN 11:40).

Phil 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ,
who gives me strength.


You say: I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

This verse is frequently quoted, but often taken out of context. It does not mean that I can do anything I want to do, nor does it mean I can do anything that someone else does. But it means that I can do anything that God assigns me.


This understanding has helped me a great deal in my personal life to deal with difficulties & still remain positive, & it helps in my ministry it teaches me to do remain within the boundaries of what the Lord has called & equipped me to do & not to try to undertake things that are not within my God-given abilities & talents. This attitude takes the pressure off & will do the same for you.


Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit


You say: I am bold, I am courageous, I am more than a conqueror & an overcomer.


This verse teaches us that words are containers for power; they carry either a life giving force or a
destruction force.


We have heard the phrase " you are going to have to eat your words". This proverb confirms this truth. The words we speak have power to influence our lives. In fact you may be eating your words right now, & that may be why you are not happy with your life. Your mouth may be getting you into trouble with yourself.


Rom 8:2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.


You say: I am free from the law of sin & death. Jesus has made me free.


The Holy Spirit carries out in our life the breaking of dominion of the old law or principle of sin & death.


Ps 91:16 I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”


You say: I have long life & God's salvation.

Isa 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you.

You say: My mind is stayed on the Word & is in perfect peace.

This verse promises that God will keep us in perfect & constant peace when our minds are fixed on Him. If you are anxious or worried today, then turn your thoughts to towards Him so you will experience His perfect peace.


1Corn 2:16 Who can know the LORD’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him? But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.


You say: I have the mind of Christ.


Recognise that the natural mind cannot understand or receive from the Holy spirit. Know that only the spiritual alive can discern spiritual wisdom.


Rom 12:2 Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.


You say: I am transformed by the renewing of my
mind.


This verse informs us that God has plan in mind for us. His will is good & acceptable & perfect, but we must completely renew our minds before we experience the good things that God has planned. We renew our minds, new attitudes & new ideals by studying God's Word. His Word is truth (Jn 17:7)


Phil 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honourable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.


You say: I think on true things, pure things, holy things, things that are honourable, I think on God's Word. His promises are mine.


Do you ever think about what you are thinking about? If you are not careful your thought life can lead you into problems. It is important to think before you act. & if you think of things that are true, worthy of reverence & honourable, just, pure, lovely & admirable your actions will reflect god's heart.


Jn 1:12-13 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God

You say: I am born of God.


The new birth does not come through physical descent, human effort or human volition, but by the power of God.


2 Corn 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.


You say: I am a new creation in Christ. My past is wiped out. It's gone. Jesus has taken it.


As a new creation, you do not have to allow the old things that happened to you in the past affect your new life in Christ. You are a new creature with a new life in Christ.


You can have your mind renewed according to the Word of God. Good things will happen to you. Rejoice! It's a new day.


1Jn 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.


You say He who is in me is greater than He who is in the world.

Be assured that victory is already yours in Christ.


Ps 103:3 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.


You say: I satisfy my mouth with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's.


Eagles have a long life they cast of their old feathers & receive new ones. We need to cast off our old habits & thoughts & receive anew from God's Word. The old will die & the new life will come.


Gal 2:20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


You Say: It's not I that live, but Christ lives in me. He sees me as valuable & precious.


The believer is united by faith to Christ in His death, & has died to the old life & has risen to a new life.


Ps 46:1 God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.

You say: God you are an ever present help in the midst of trouble.


Present help means a help that has been found to be reliable, or proven to be a reliable stronghold in the past, so that any future calamity is no reason to fear.


Phil 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

You say: My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

You say: I trust in the Lord with all & lean not on my own understanding.


Study God's Word & listen to the Holy Spirit. Believe God's prophets. Understand that theses are true sources of godly knowledge.


1Pet 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

You say: I cast all my care upon Him for He cares for me.

When you cast all your care upon the Lord, you do not have to worry about anything because staying peaceful is actually proof that you have humbled yourself & that you trust God to do what needs to be done.


James 1:22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

You say: I am a doer of the word, not a hearer only.


Salvation leads to service. It is self-deception to believers that God's goal for church attendance is merely to hear the Word, instead of experiencing a transformation of life that results in ministry.

Prov 4:22 For they [God's words] are life to those who find them, And healing and health to all their flesh.

The Word of God is life to me & health to all my flesh.

Remember that God is your healer He said in Exodus 15:26 I am the Lord God who heals you. He never changes He is the same yesterday today & forever.

Psalm 107: 20 He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.

You Say He sent His Word & healed me, & delivered me from deaths door healing belongs to me. Don't forget to thank Him that you are healed, for Your word says I am healed.

This verse implies that if we call upon the Lord with a contrite heart crying for deliverance to be healed both spiritually & physically.

Isa 55:5 But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.


You say: He was wounded for my rebellion, He was crushed for my sins, He was beaten so I could be whole, by His stripes I am healed.


Choose to believe that God's word is the most powerful word in the universe & act accordingly.


Matt 8:17 “He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.

You say: He took my sicknesses. Jesus took my sickness 2000 years ago for me to walk in divine health.



This fulfilled the word of the Lord through the prophet Isaiah,

Mk 11:23 (Another favourite) For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he
says.


You say: Sickness is the mountain. call it by name-flue, cancer, growth, back trouble or whatever it is & tell it to be removed in Jesus name!


A mountain is a symbolic problem, hindrance, or insurmountable problem. Faith is the key that releases the resources of heaven into your situation.


1Pet 2:24 ...By his wounds you are healed


You say: Sickness, you have no place in my body. The life of God is in me,His healing power is flowing through me. God's word says I am healed, so I am healed.


Peter is quoting Isaiah 53:5 to show that personal wholeness, mental psychological, spiritual & physical are yours in Jesus name.


These verses are a great help in various situations, the have helped me & countless others, & they will help you too. There are many more verses of Scripture I encourage you to seek & find them for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment